Wednesday, November 24, 2010
First Ranger cleaned, based and primed. Going to use this model as a test run for the rest of my Rangers.
First coat of colour on the cloak applied. I used the GW foundation paint Orkhide Shade.
Started applying Mordian Blue for on the armour plates.
The leather gloves and boots I've applied a coat of Graveyard Earth. The helmet is Iyandian Yellow. Not sure what I am going to paint the gun and ammo clips. I plan to paint the back pack a mixture of green and leather as used already. That leaves the hoses and leather straps then to paint. Not sure what colours to paint them either. I think the remaining leather straps need to differentiated from the boots and gloves, not sure whether to go lighter or perhaps a reddish brown. As for the gun I might wait until I develop some of the colours I have down before I start it. I was thinking of painting the gun wraithbone but I may end up making it darker depending on how the highlights on the camo clock turn out. Anyway think I'm going to call it a night. Hopefully I will get another hour or so tomorrow to plug away at the model. I got to say its nice to pick up a brush again. Its been nearly three months since I last painted.