Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Not going to lie. I really want to play Eldar...
-- Edit --
I'm thinking off the top of my head the following list:
2 Iyanden Spirit Seers (shadow council).
Troops (objective secured):
3 x 5 Wraithguard units (one a wraithblade unit for comp), wave serpent, sl, sc.
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Final list I think. Trying to squeeze as much shooting into list mindful of the highlander comp.
10 Man Tac Squad - melta gun, combimelta, missle launcher, razorback, assault cannon
10 Man Tac Squad - melta gun, combimelta, heavy flamer, rhino
9 Death Company - power fist, (edit - jump packs)
Bike Squad - 2 gravguns, combigrav
5 Assault Marines - 2 melta guns, combimelta, drop pod
Baal Pred - assault cannon, heavy bolters
Pred - las cannons, fast
Total points 1250
Gives me mobility. As well as lots of special and heavy weapons. List also has a nice close combat punch.
Monday, January 5, 2015
Sunday, January 4, 2015
New highlander list nearly built. Love the new tac squads. I'm going to rebase whole army when 32 mil bases become available. Very fast hard hitting army. Looking forward to starting the tourny. I think my first match will be against necrons.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
After reading exterminatus I want to try out the following list.
Lord of war:
-9 death company - 2 power swords, powerfist.
-Death company dread - claws.
-5 man tac squad - heavy flamer, rhino.
-3 x 5 assault squad - rhino, 2 melta guns.
-2 Baal preds.
Total points: 1500
Probably not as good as detachment out of main codex. But it's cool and I have the models for it. Two rolls on flesh tearer warlord trait and a small chance for my models to have rage. Also can take one troop and up to six assault choices. I belive I still get furious charge as well but I know I loose +1 initiative.
If the army plays ok I might just keep it as my core and add to it. Extra units would likely be taken from fast attack to take advantage of the detachment. Perhaps a bike squad or some heavy flamer landspeaders. I should take at least one assault squad in a drop pod.
Yet to have time for a game but I can finish up painting this army. Should not take too long. Base death company and storm raven models. Add weapon bits and finish painting infantry.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Joined a 1250 point Highlander tournament for the new year. The Above is the army and these are the rules:
- Rules for the tourney league.
- 3 game random draw round robin to determine rankings. Lists may be changed from game to game.
- Everyone makes playoffs. Play ladder to be determined after round robin. For playoffs list will be locked in, ei no changes.
- Normal rulebook force organization (with some restrictions below)
- 0-1 unit entry other then troops (can only have one of each selection. Ei for your elites you can have 1 termy assault squad, 1 regular squad of termies, and 1 squad of sternguard. No duplicates on anything but troops).
- The Troop may only ever have 2 of the same troop type. (Ex. 2 squads of tactical marines) For armies that only have 2 or less troop types they may take more then 2 units of a duplicate type only after they have taken all other troop options but can only ever have a deviation of 1 (Ex. If the player has 2 kabalite warriors squads and wants a third, the player will have to include 2 units of wychs before the player can include the third kabalite squad. In no case could the player have more then 3 kabalite squads or 3 wych squads because that would move them out of the deviation of one.) If there is only 1 troop type in the players codex they may ignor the deviation rule and can max out their troop selection to the total amount allowed in the force org (6). They may not take minimum squads and must take atleast half the total amount of models they can take rounding up to the nearest multiple of 5. (Ex a squad of necron warriors with a max squad size of 15 would have to take a minimum of 10 warriors because 7.5 is not a multiple of 5. The player may take more if they choose and bring the squad up to codex maximum, in this case 15 models).
- Characters that change a units force organization are allowed as long as they follow all restrictions on this page. In no way can a unit be in two force org areas (ex. A squad cannot be taken as a troop and then another squad of the same type as an elite. That unit can only ever be one unit type.)
- No restrictions on amount dedicated transports for troops other then you may only have one DT per troop selections (Ex a Guard Platoon may only take 1 chimera per platoon). For non troop units its 0-1. (Ei troop units of kabalite warriors can take raiders. But incubi and a bloodbride squad could not both have a raider)
- No "apoc" units (ei no vehicles more then 4HP, no model with more then 6 wounds. No lords of war)
- No flyers
- No AA or intercepter
- No forts
- No MC or vehicle squads. Vehicle squads with a total AV value or 32 may take a squad of 2. (ei the player can only take one leman russ or carnifex as a choice rather then 3. But the player can take 2 land speeders in a squads).
- Flying MC can only hover
- No painting needed
- No proxies
- No allies no unbound
- FW allowed as long as the unit(s) follow the above restrictions.
- 20 dollar buy in.
- Prize will be determined based on number of participants. Thinking to start early December (odviously break for xmas) or mid January.
Oh Christmas has come early. With all the rumours flying I've cobbled together an army of existing models on the eve of a new codex.
Lord of War:
Death Company Dread
Death Company × 10: power fist, power swords x 2
3 x 5 tac squads - rhino melta guns
10 Assault marines - 2 melta guns
Baal pred - bolter sponsons
Lots of better combos and options from what I can tell but its an army I have built. If I proxy vanguard vets and a furioso for the death comoany models I think I can run the army properly as Flesh Tearers. Though not sure if I can add in an HQ and lord of war to the detachment.
Seth would likely do better with a squad of vanguard vets in a storm raven. Cheap storm shields would give them a chance if the raven blows up while zooming. Melta bombs to take on knights. Squad is fearless with Seth. Seth gets rampage, rage, +1 attack for any roll of 6 to hit plus a buff from librarian for d3 extra attacks. Even with out special detachment rules vanguard vets may be the best fit for Seth. With an HQ slot open can take a priest for another great force multiplier.
Good times ahead. Looking forward to playing a proper 7th edition army.