Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bring on the Nids























Nids could not appear on the scene at a better time as far as I'm concerned.  Going to get some narrative games under my belt.  My Iyanden army is moving forward at a good rate.  Although just a prime on the models, it is one step further to completing the army.  Going to dig deep over the holidays to try and finish up painting the army.  The prospect of playing a Nid vs Iyanden game is a great motivator.

As far as the list is concerned, I'm not going to change it up.  I was going to incorporate the new data slate but I'll wait to see if the rules regarding troop status are cleaned up.  If they do become troops then all I need to do is split the 10 man avenger squad into groups of five to be placed in the wave serpents. Bam!, instant rage and cover saves (though I don't like walking the d-scyth wraithguard).

As far as painting the army goes, next step is to pick up another can of army painter yellow.  Blast the wraith units then finish up the base coat with blues and blacks.  Next step then will be to base all the models.  At that point I will have a three colour min on all models and can return to them individually to provide highlights and shading.

With such a low model count it should not be too hard.  After the 1500 points is done I'm not sure where I'll go from there.  I may park the Eldar and start working on my lizardmen or chaos marines.  Also have the Robotech kickstarter models coming in February to look forward to.  2014 is shaping up to be a fun year for hobby and gaming both.

No comments:

Post a Comment