Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Back in the Groove (Iyanden Eldar Warhost Resolution)





Wow, its been quite some time since I last posted.  What can I say GW has had a wonky last year. Starting last year out I was fired up to run the new Blood Angel book that just hit the shelves.  It soon became clear that the BA were developed for a previous mindset/edition.  Rather than update the Angel's to the new system of army design GW sold us a load of lemons.

With the sour taste still in my mouth the new Eldar hit the shelves.  It was easy to forget the bad mojo of the BA's with a rule set of my first and true army arriving around the corner.  I had been working on an Iyanden army with the release of Eldar 6.0 and waited with baited breath for 7.0's version. What did I get?  A bi-polar opposite army design from my new BA's.  To add insult to injury I was considered a cheese fest beardy player by wanting to run my Iyanden army.

Needless to say my interest of 40k tanked at this point.  But I had the new fantasy rule set to look forward to being released in the summer of 2015.  And what did I get?  I half-assed attempt to reboot the fantasy franchise.  Don't get me wrong, I want to like fantasy.  But I'm a creature of habit and desire a proper rule set to play a game.  The simpler the rules the better but without some sort of basic structure to engage in a social contract with fellow gamers, Age of Sigmar fell flat on its face.  What I received was a bullshit marketing campaign force feeding me more garbage after suffering indigestion from my previous 40k experience.  I currently have more fun playing make believe with my kids than pushing sig-marines around a table top.

So I stopped playing.  This tanked my hobby drive.  At its core, I like building and painting models but without a fair game system in place I lost my mojo.  I've turned a corner for 2016 however.  I still have limited interest in buying anything new from GW but I have aquired a healthy colection of uncomplete models.  2016 is the year of cleaning up old projects and a return to the rule of cool.

That all said here is my 2016 hobby resolution: to complete to table top standard an 1850 Iyanden Craftworld Warhost.  Here is the list:

Guardian Battle Host:
- EML's for the Guardians.
-Farseer upgraded to Jetseer, Singing Spear and Spirit Stone

Wraith Host:
-Wraithcannon Wraith Knight
-Wraithlord with Glaive and Flamers
-2 x 5 Wraithguard with basic guns
-5 Wraithguard with D-Scythes and basic Wave Serpent

Wraith Construct:
-Hemlock

Total Points: 1850

I have the models and undertake to buy nothing new for the Eldar this year.  Screw GW.  But heck I still like them (feel like a battered hobbyist).  Come rain or shine I will play the hell out of this list. As far as the hobby goes I'm going to focus on finishing the above 1500 army to a three colour standard.  From there try and finish the whole 1850 shebang to the same standard.  We'll see where the hobby takes me after.

No comments:

Post a Comment