Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Project Alaitoc




































Been awhile since my last post.  Have not been in the hobby much with work and enjoying the summer.   Winter is coming so I figure I should have more time for the hobby.  In the mean time I've been struggling to come up with my Eldar army.  When the codex fist dropped I was all over the power lists.  When I first started reading the rules all I saw was wave serpents and wraithknights.  With marines out and the almighty grav gun I'm not so sure wriathknights are as optimal anymore.  Still a strong choice but not the beast he was prior to September.

With that in mind I decided to stop focusing on the best list I can build to a list I want to build.  Alaitoc.  I want lots of rangers and scorpions.  Throw in some war walkers and avenger wave serpents  The goal is to build a unique army I can call my own but still can hold its own.  Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a list like this:

HQ:
Farseer - singing spear

Elite:
10 Scorpions- exarch, power claw

Troops:
10 Storm Guardians - 2 fusion guns, wave serpent, holo, lasers
2 x 10 Avengers - wave serpent, holo, lasers
2 x 5 Rangers
5 Jet Bikes

Fast:
5 Spiders

Heavy:
Fire Prism
Night Spinner
3 War Walkers - star, lasers


I think this would be a fun themed list to build and play.  Lots of character with the Scorpion Exarch.  Will it shine probably not.  Could it sucker punch someone who does not see it coming: yes.  At any rate not sure what my Eldar army will look like when its done.  I do know that I want to make sure I build a list that is not cookie cutter.



No comments:

Post a Comment