Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The old and the new





















I've got a lot of projects on the go these days with respect to this hobby of ours.  A lot of uncompleted projects.  As I was getting geared up for the Eldar release I've going through all my models organizing bits and seeing what I may or may not wish to use the the Eldar's reboot.  One thing that struck me going through the models was that I never finished my Flesh Tearers.  So I cleared some space for them and went to work on putting a list together that uses my painted models.  This is what I came up with:

HQ:

Seth

Elite:

2 Priests

Troops:

2 x 5 Assault Squads - Flamer, HB Razorback
10 Assault Marines - 2 Flamers, Rhino
10 Tac Squad - Flamer, ML, Rhino
7 Death Company
1 Death Company Dread

Fast:

2 Baal Preds - Assault Cannons

Heavy:

2 Storm Ravens - Plasma Cannons, Multi-Melta's

Total Points: 1840

So 40 feel no pain marines and Seth.  I've come to terms with Seth's limitations.  I railed against the common opinion of the internet but at the end of the day, Seth is ok but not great.  So what.  The Army is nearly completed and I went with the Flesh Tearers because of Seth's model.  I should at least finish the army.  Against a hard 6th edition list full of cronair, helldrakes and so on, the list is going to struggle.  C'est La Vie.  The point is to finish this army and move on with one exception.  I've left room to throw in a furioso dread with drop pod should I expand to 2k points.  I've the forgeworld dread model yet to assemble and paint along with the pod.  At the end of the day a fun army that despite its limitations should prove fun to play.  I also want to pit Seth against the odds and the 40k universe.

With that project nearly completed I also went on a bit of a frenzy and put the following together:




















I had split 2 DV box sets with a friend and had taken the Dark Angel side.  My buddy could not get behind the new Chaos Marines and we decided to swap mini's.  I had also picked up 35 chaos marines from a trade last summer so now had the makings of a horde style list.  As I put the models together I could not resist picking up a couple of the new kits as you can see in the above photo.  So the army I've put together comes in at around 1500 points as seen above.  The point level of games played at my FLGS on Thursday nights is 1250 so I'm in a position to get some games in with my new Chaos marines.  The list I've been working on completing is as follows:

HQ:
-Abaddon (have the old metal mini - thinking about placing his bits on the plastic terminator lord model)

Elite:
-Hellbrute

Troops:
-20 Cultusts - 2 flamers
-2 x 10 Cultists - Autoguns, Stubber, Shot Gun
-2 x 10 Marines - 2 plasma guns

Fast:
-Helldrake

Heavy:
-Maulerfiend

Total Points 1230

Not set on Abaddon but I thought it would be thematic to pit his army up against my Flesh Tearers.  I've managed to get one game in so far that was a blast.  Won't write out the list but it had everything in above photo minus maulerfiend and hellbrute.  Don't really want to expand much more, perhaps another maulerfiend.  Would like like to put in some Demon allies.

So that is the old and new aspects of my hobby as they currently stand.  It will all shift dramatically in a little over one month hopefully.  Still looking forward to the Eldar.

No comments:

Post a Comment