Sunday, February 20, 2011

1000 Points Flesh Tearers


























I think I have my 1000 point list down that I plan to build.  In order to do it I will have to remove the jump packs on some of my assault troops.  Anyway here it is:

HQ:
Librarian - Fear the Darkness, Shield
Honour Guard - 4 Plasma Guns, Company Standard (3d Company), Razorback (HB), Dozer Blade

Elite:
Priest - Storm Bolter, Melta-Bombs

Troops:
10 Man Tac Squad with Power Fist, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Rhino, Dozer Blade
9 Man Assault Squad with Power Fist, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade

Fast Attack:
2 Attack Bikes with Multi-Meltas

Total Points 1000

The Priest rides with the Assault Squad and the Librarian with the Honour Guard.  Essentially I see this list acting like a hammer and anvil.  The Tac squad along with the Honour Guard bee line it for center board.  On a flank I turbo the bikes in front of the assault squad to maximize cover saves.  The only real linking unit I have is the assault bikes.  But with two feel no pain bubbles, they can bounce between my two squads as needed while likely taking advantage of feel no pain and furious charge.  I think the attack bikes themselves will perform great.  On paper they seem awesome, feel no pain toughness 5 with 2 wounds.  Add in a relentless BS 4 Multi-Melta and you have pure win.  Especially when you think how cheap the unit is.

I really like the idea of 5-10 plasma gun shots a turn as well.  I plan to march them forward as quickly as possible then get out and start shooting.  They will have a 3+/4+ along with a +5 invul, plus they re-role moral and pinning checks thanks to the banner.  The Honour Guard plasma gun shots are pure gravy.  I also plan to use the rhinos as cover for the 2 squads.  Essentially, first turn they are out middle of the board squeezed in between the 2 rhinos with a line of site to my highest threat priority.  I think this will form as a durable and shooty anvil section of my list.

The Assault squad with the priest can handle anything.  Knock out landraiders, furious charge squads, feel no pain saves.  Along with the Attack Bikes these two units present a fast strong threat.   I envision playing my Tearers like Eldar.  They have fast vehicles and can respond well to different situations as they arise.

As an aside I will not be spending much time on the hobby during the next two weeks as I'm going on vacation.  I'll pick up my models later with a vision of what I want my 1000 point list to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment