Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Alaitoc Hammer & Anvil























So I put my previous list up for review on 40K Online and got some nice feedback in return.  After a long discussion about Eldrad's fluff, I ended up focusing the list on Alaitoc only.  I made a few changes.  This is the current version of my Alaitoc Hammer and Anvil list:

HQ:
-Farseer: Singing Spear, RoW, Doom, Fortune - 148 pts
-Autarch: Fusion Gun, Power Sword, Mandiblasters, Jump Generator - 125 pts

Troops:
-Dire Avengers (10): Exarch, Bladestorm, Dual Catapults, Wave Serpent, Stones, Brightlance - 297 pts
-Dire Avengers (10): Exarch, Defend, Shimmershield - 162 pts
-Storm Guardians (10): Warlock, Singing Spear, Destructor, 2 Flameguns, Wave Serpent, Stones, Brightlance - 275 pts
-Rangers (5): - 95 pts
-Rangers (5): - 95 pts

Elite:
-Scorpions (10): Exarch, Powerclaw, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover - 212 pts
-Fire Dragons (4+1): Fire Pike, Crack Shot, Tank Hunters, Wave Serpent, Stone, Shuriken Cannon - 225 pts

Fast Attack:
-Warpspiders (6+1): Exarch, Withdraw, Dual Spinners - 186 pts

Heavy:
-3 Warwalkers: Dual Scatter Lasers Each - 180 pts

Total: 2000 pts


I swapped out the Falcon with Warp Spiders to be my linking unit.  Eldrad and the Wraithguard were dumped.  I picked up an Autarch to go along with the Spiders.  I think this makes for a better linking unit between my Hammer and Anvil.  The Spiders get some extra fire power with the inclusion of the Autarch and his meltagun.  Also depending whether the Hammer or Anvil requires an assault, the jump pack gets him where he needs to be quickly.

My Hammer will be comprised of the First Dire Avenger squad in a Wave Serpent, the Storm Guardians and Dragons.  First turn they are gone!  Rush down the flank as quickly as possible.  The Spiders try and bridge the distance between my hammer and anvil on the first turn.

In my Anvil, my second Avenger will advance on foot along with the Scorpions.  The Farseer will attach to the Avengers on foot.  The Warwalkers will find lanes of fire and cover with their scout move.  The Rangers will set up to support my Anvil as it footslogs up the board.  As an aside, I went with two Ranger squads after reading an article on 40K Online about Craftworld Alaitoc that was great.  It recommended if you run an Alaitoc list you should take at least 2 squads of Rangers to stay in line with the fluff.

So thats the new version of the list.  I have all the models and have a good start on painting them up.   Hopefully I will be able to test out the list this weekend as well.

Kaughnor.

No comments:

Post a Comment