Worked on my Fire Prism and have a solid base coat down. I think I messed up though by taping of the wings for the yellow stripes. After getting down about three - four watered down coats of Iyanden yellow, I realized I should have finished layering blue on the armour plates to make sure I had straight lines. Hopefully I don't have any bleeding when I take the tape off. the next step is to give a wash of sepia on the yellow bits then another light coat of Iyanden. After the paint dries I'll start layering up to sunburst yellow.
Not sure how to approach the undercarriage. I think I'm going to try and go with some for of layering to achieve a brownish wraithbone colour. I'll finish the top plate and turret first any way before I begin the bottom plate.
I've settled on finishing up painting a thousand points of Eldar. I'm so close. This is the list that I have on que on my painting table.
Farseer - Singing Spear, RoW, Guide
10 Storm Guardians - Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear, Wave Serpent, EML, Stone
10 Dire Avengers - Exarch, Blade Storm, Dual Catapults, Wave Serpent, EML, Stone
5 Fire Dragons - Wave Serpent, EML, Stone
1 Fire Prism - Holo-Field, Stone
Total Points: 1K
2 singing spear
3 twin linked EML’s
Fire Prism pie plate
32 bladestorm shots.
Tactically speaking, the Farseer's guide is handy as I can effectively twin link a set of weapons. Plus the RoW will shut down enemy psychics. The Wave serpents EML’s have a 48 inch range so they can sleuth around the table trying to stay out of range and pop transports to slow the enemy down. The Fire Prism has a 60 inch range and will follow closely to the farseer. Blade storm for anti-infantry as well as the large pie plate from the fire prism. Anti-transports with EML’s and fusion guns. Hand to hand the list suffers.
As for the painting, I’m not happy with the way the models look right now. I like the paint scheme but the models cold do with a face lift. Not sure how to approach painting though. Practically speaking, I should finish painting my four tanks first. That way on the table top the army looks complete at 1k (until any units disembark).
Order of painting:
1) Fire Prism – I need to get this model done first as it is in the most pieces. Once it is complete I will not have loose pieces of plastic tumbling all over the table top.
2) Avenger Wave Serpent – This tank is nearly done.
3) Guardian Wave Serpent – This tank is about ½ completely painted
4) Fire Dragon wave serpent – Round it out with this tank that only has the base coat on.
5) Finish my farseer and seal it. The paint is chipping so I need to get it repaired/finished and sealed up.
6) Guardians – need work done on their arms and weapons (unpainted) plus bases and touch ups.
7) Dire Avengers – I want to give these guys a major face lift.
8) Fire Dragons – I have my old ones with a crappy paint job that will do for now. When the rest of the army is completed I will go back and paint my 5 new style from scratch. Also, if the new resin models continue to replace the metal ones I might pick up a box of them so that my entire list is plastic but for the HQ.